Saturday, September 11, 2010

ALL NIGHTERS!!!!

                                       photos courtesy of http://www.freestockimages.org   Hope all is well, school is going great, mid terms are right around the corner and lately that has been my main focus.  Mid terms and finals are the time of year when students utilize the studying facilities that Southern Miss provides.  These facilities include the lobbies of the residence halls, Cook Library, the Rha center, and local business often extend their business hours to allow loyal USM students a place to study.  It has always been an issue for me to sit in my room, and study for hours.  I am the type of student who needs a little variety in where I study and I know there are others out there that feel the same, so I encourage you to find a few study spots and get to it!
    Also, here a few study tips to help you along the way:
           1. TURN OFF THE COMPUTER it is the number one distraction!
           2. Have snacks on hand so that there is no reason to leave!
           3. Take small breaks, Rome wasn't built in a day!
           4. Read for comprehension, not just to finish.
           5. use both the text and your notes.
For addition study tips visit http://www.studytips.org/
If you apply these and other tips to your daily/weekly/monthly study habits, you will go far!
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment